About Me

Monday 22 February 2016

Social Life 101: Part Two

Fact: Socializing Becomes a Chore

So your social life is hanging by a thread, don’t sit there and cry- Embrace it. No, it won’t be the same as your life at college, but that is just a part of growing up – we all have to stop going to homecoming parties some day. Studies at the Stanford Centre on Longevity have shown that many young adults do become less social as we get older.  But you just spent four years of perfecting the art of socialization, why stop now?

Survival Tip: Get Out There
A) Go Out: Don’t let those horror memories of the suburbs turn you into a social hermit. Trust me on this one – it will keep you sane and give your parents some quality time together that they probably want too. Here are some Girls and Guys night out ideas to get things going. According to the latest Census Reports in Canada, there are plenty of us out there. Use this to band together with friends and laugh over your hardships together. (Julianna is my venting outlet).

My partner in crime
B)  Plan, plan, plan and maybe plan some more: If you’re like me and was the regular host for having friends over at university, then moving home was an absolute nightmare. Best thing to do in this case is plan in advance and inform your parents about your intentions to have people over. Ensure that you have the space “booked” to do so and that your parents understand the proper adult-child guest edict guidelines.





DON’T THROW A RAGER- we’re not 16 anymore guys.But remember: don’t try to force the social life you had at school into the social life you have at home, because they are so different.

2 comments:

  1. One of the hardest things that I learned when I graduated from Laurier was that my social life would never be the same. It's a hard and sad lesson but I definitely agree that you have to plan ahead when socializing as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving from country to country throughout my life never allowed me to have consistency in life. You're right with your advice Lauren! My social life always looked awful so eventually I started making plans to ensure my social life looks happening. Thanks for the amazing post and look forward to reading more of your advices..

    ReplyDelete